Level 4 - Legal Representation
If you require legal representation in court proceedings, we provide two funding options.
Option 1 - Fixed Fees
- You pay an agreed fixed fee and we do the work up to the agreed stage.
- We go on record with the court as representing you limited to the agreed stage covered by the fixed fee.
- Once the work covered by the fixed fee is completed, we are removed from the court record and you revert to representing yourself unless we agree a further fixed fee for representation.
- If your case settles part way through a fixed fee, we will charge you on a time basis for the time spent on your case up to the maximum amount of the fixed fee.
- If your case is particularly complex or involved, we reserve the right to charge you on a full retainer basis for the work involved.
Option 2 - Full Retainer
- On a full retainer basis we will charge you for the work we do based on the amount of time spent on your case at the relevant fee earners charge out rate.
- We will go on record with the court as representing you in the proceedings and will deal with all correspondence.
- We may ask you to pay money on account to cover the work to be done and disbursements.
- We will bill you for the work we do on a monthly basis or more frequently as required.
- We reserve the right to cease to undertake further work if you fail to pay money on account when requested or to settle your bill promptly.
You can transfer to Level 3 - Legal Help at any stage, subject to providing us with reasonable notice.